RPSC Food Safety Officer Syllabus 2019: Rajasthan Public Service Commission recently invites applications for the 98 Food Safety Officer Jobs. The huge number of candidates are taking part in this examination and have already started preparing for it. If you have already applied for the RPSC Food Safety Officer Jobs Online then this page is going to provide you the latest information on RPSC Syllabus. At this page, you will get the complete details on RPSC Food Safety Officer Syllabus 2019 pdf file link.
RPSC Food Safety Officer Syllabus 2019
There is a total of 98 positions available for the Food Safety Officer in the Rajasthan Public Service Commission. The last date to apply for the RPSC Online Application is 08 September 2019. After filling the online application you should start preparing for the examination, as the selection is going to be on the basis of written examination. This syllabus file is going to help you in that. You may now prepare as per the details are given in the syllabus. This helps the applicants in the preparation of RPSC Examination.
RPSC Food Safety Officer Job Summary
|Department Name||Rajasthan Public Service Commission|
|Type of Job||Government Jobs|
|Mode of Examination||Written Exam|
|Deadline||08 September 2019|
|Date of Exam||Not Available|
|Join us on Facebook||Join Us|
|Find us on LinkedIn||Find Us|
|Join Our Whatsapp Group||Join Now|
|Follow us on Twitter||Follow|
|Our Email Newsletter||Subscribe to Muftjobs.Com by Email|
RPSC Food Safety Officer Exam Pattern
|Number of Questions||150|
|Duration of Paper||03-Hours|
|No. of Mark||Equal Mark|
RPSC Syllabus UNIT-1
- Chemical bonds and forces, the concept of pH and buffer, chemical equilibrium, thermochemistry, chemical kinetics.
- Aliphatic and Aromatic hydrocarbons- the concept of aromaticity, methods of preparation and chemical properties o, carboxylic acids, alcohols, ketones, phenols, aldehydes, nitro compounds, and amines.
- Different methods of purification, qualitative and quantitative analysis. Solutions- concentration terms, surface tension, liquid- properties, viscosity and its applications.
- Surface chemistry-adsorption, homogeneous and heterogeneous catalysis, colloids and suspension.
- Types of microorganism associated with food.
- Structure and their morphology
- Dairy fermentation
- Microbiological standards
- Sources of microorganism in food
- Factors affecting their growth
- Microorganisms used in food fermentation
- Some important food spoilage microorganisms
- Fermentation- definition, and types
- Methods of manufacture for vinegar
- Fermented foods- types, soya sauce, wine, beer, and traditional Indian foods.
RPSC Food Safety Officer Syllabus UNIT-3
- Biomolecules – proteins, carbohydrates, lipids, and nucleic acids, structure, biosynthesis, their classification, metabolism, and calorific value.
- Enzymes- classification, factors controlling enzyme activities, kinetics, enzymes used during food processing, modification of food by endogenous enzymes.
- Vitamins and their types.
- Plant alkaloids and their uses.
- Animal and plant toxins.
- Toxic substances and their metabolism- metals, pesticides, food additives, etc.
- Minerals- important minerals and their functions in the human body.
- Classification- 05 kingdom system up to phylum, plants and animal products used as food by a human.
- Eukaryotic and Prokaryotic cells.
- Culture of animals used as food.
- Human physiology- Nutrition and Digestion.
- Respiration- Transport, respiratory pigment, and gaseous exchange.
- Types of cells, animal tissues, and organs.
- Circulatory system- Heart, Blood vascular system, blood, and its components.
- Excretion- The structure of kidney and urine formation.
- Nervous system- conduction of impulses.
- Endocrine system- hormones and their role.
- Muscular system- types of muscles and muscle contraction.
- Reproductive system.
- Diseases- communicable diseases, deficiency diseases, and diseases caused by animals (protozoans, arthropods, helminths).
- Immune system- types of immunity, antigen-antibody reaction.
RPSC FSO Syllabus UNIT-5
- Genetically modified animals and plants, the importance of GM-crops and their products, plant and animal tissue culture and its application, environmental biotechnology- Pollutants, Biomagnification, and microbial bioremediation.
- Statistical analysis- mean, regression and co-relation, mode, standard deviation, median, T-test, variance, chi-square test.
- Salient features of agriculture with special reference to Rajasthan.
- Soil Fertility and Management of the Problematic Soils in Rajasthan.
- Introduction to Agro-forestry and Dryland Farming.
- Introductory knowledge about the Production Techniques of the important field crops (Wheat, Bajra, Mustard, Groundnut, Pulses, Maize).
- Horticultural crops (Guava, Ber, Citrus, Mango, Cucurbits, Onion, Tomato, Chilli, Rose, etc.)
- Spices and Medicinal crops (Fennel, Coriander, Cumin, Fenugreek, Isabgol, Aloe vera, etc.)
- Importance of agriculture marketing.
- Important diseases and Pests of major Crops and their Management.
- General awareness about Crop Physiology and Seed Science.
- Fundamentals of Livestock and Poultry Production.
- Importance of Livestock in Economy of Rajasthan.
- Pregnant animal management and Artificial insemination.
- Laboratory diagnostics, Important diseases of livestock and their management.
- Milk production and quality of milk.
- Present status of Milk and Milk Products.
- Dairy equipment and utilities.
- Milk processing and packaging.
- Introduction to livestock products.
Food Safety Officer Syllabus UNIT-8
- General methods of food preservation and food processing.
- Present status of Food Technology in India and Rajasthan.
- Technology for processed products like Jelly, Squash, Sauce, Pickles, etc.
- Importance of Postharvest technology of vegetables and fruits.
- Postharvest Physiology and handling of vegetables and fruits.
- Types and functions of Packaging materials used in fresh and processed food.
- Hygiene and Sanitation (Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP, Good Laboratory Practices, etc.).
- Food laws – A brief review of regulatory status in India (AGMARK, Food Safety and Standard Act, FPO, Prevention of Food adulteration Act, Testing Food for its Safety).
- Pre & Early history of Rajasthan.
- Age of Rajput: Major dynasties of Rajasthan and the achievements of prominent rulers.
- The Emergence of Modern Rajasthan: Peasants and tribal movements of the 20th century, factors of Socio-Political awakening of the 19th century, Political struggle of the 20th century and the integration of Rajasthan.
- Folk dance and folk drama of Rajasthan.
- Visual Art of Rajasthan – Temples of Rajasthan and Architecture of forts.
- Performing Art of Rajasthan – Musical instruments of Rajasthan and Folk music.
- Sculpture traditions of Rajasthan and various schools of painting of Rajasthan.
- The literature of Rajasthani language.
- Various religious cults, saints and folk deities of Rajasthan.
- Various dialects and its distribution in Rajasthan.
- Broad physical features- Mountains, Plateaus, Plains & Desert.
- Major rivers and lakes.
- Major forest types and distribution.
- Climate and Agro-climatic regions.
- Major soil types and distribution.
- Droughts & Floods
- Demographic characteristics
- Environmental Pollution and Ecological Concerns.
- Major Minerals-Metallic & Non- Metallic.
- Agro-food parks.
- Power Resources- Renewable and Non-Renewable.
- Major agro based industries- Sugar, Textile, Paper & Vegetable oil.
- Poverty and Unemployment.
- Places and Current events of the State.
- Important Persons
- National and International events of importance.
- National and International Organisations- (APEDA, ICAR, Council for Social Welfare, BIS, ICMR, Export inspection Council, WHO, ISO, FAO, WTO).